Monday, August 20, 2007

And Sunday Makes It Ten

Another day, another loss for the Chiefs as they push their season long losing streak to ten. It's just getting more painful each day to check the box score. I used to care enough to at least listen on the radio, but why bother? This team seemed to have mailed it in during the last homestand with some of the worst playing I have seen.

Some moves have been made. Matt Roney has been sent back up to Syracuse. You may remember him as the first Chief to make it on the ESPN bottom sportsticker in awhile, as they told us about his fifty game suspension for using an illegal substance. Thanks Toronto, give us another reliever when we are already spot starting players massively.

Then in another interesting move, the Chiefs get catcher John Schneider from New Hampshire and send down shortstop Sergio Santos. My only guess, and let me emphasize the word guess here, is that one of the catchers may be dinged up. However, looking at the box score from Saturday night, it says Robinson Diaz came in to play second base later on and Ryan Roberts played catcher for two innings. If anyone can explain that to me, or let me know if it was a misprint, I'd appreciate it. Wouldn't it be ironic if Toronto decided to put Thigpen at catcher and Diaz in the infield, when anyone who has seen them both play, knows it should be the opposite? Again, I don't think that's the case, but with Toronto..you honestly just never know.

Looking at MLB.com, I also saw Gustavo Chacin was sent down with the past couple days for "minor league rehab." Could that mean another stint with Syracuse or another team? Only time will tell I guess.

With ten games left to be played with Ottawa, the Chiefs are only five games behind them for the worst record in the league...oh wait, we are supposed to be chasing the top. So they are actually five games ahead of Ottawa..ahh maybe the team made the same mistake that I just made (/end sarcasm)

That's all I got for now, I may have had more, but we are known for blocking out painful memories...

Take care everyone.

No comments: